Entity Selection & Formation
Legal help with your first steps & planning for the future
Entity Selection and Formation in Colorado
You’re ready to start your business, or make a shift to a more serious, professional business structure. Setting up your business correctly is important to you, and you don’t want to take any shortcuts that will jeopardize your dreams and business. You need someone to clearly explain the legal requirements so you can move on to creating and running your business.
Lenz Law assists new businesses, as well as those in transition, identify and resolve their legal issues. We will answer your questions, and point out legal hazards you may not have considered. We specialize in simplifying the start up process and giving business owners the confidence to move forward.
- Should I form an LLC, S Corp, Corporation?
- Do I need an EIN?
- Do I need a DBA?
- What documents do I need to file with the state?
- Do I need a business license or permit to sell my products?
- Will my personal assets (like my home and savings) be on the chopping block if I’m sued?
- What’s the best entity to save money on taxes?
- Can I change my entity structure later?
- Which entity do investors prefer?
- I have a partner, which entity is best?
- Do I need to register my business name?
- Do I need a trademark?
How We Work & Pricing
All our Entity Formation Packages and Start-Up Packages are customized to meet the specific needs of each client. Generally, we’ll start out with a brief phone call or email exchange to determine if we’re a good fit. If we’re a good match, we’ll send you a list of information and documents required to evaluate your business and create a Legal Plan. Your Legal Plan will be a customized list of the legal steps you need to address. It will also include a list of some legal issues to be aware of as your business grows.
Entity Formation and Start-Up Packages Include
- Business or Project Name Vetting (to avoid trademark infringement)
- Filing of state required entity formation documents
- Establishment of Employer Tax Identification Number
- Operating Agreement (for LLCs) or Bylaws (for Corporations)
- DBA Filing, if needed
- Website Review for liability issues and advertising compliance
- Client Services Agreement
- Liability Waiver
Our Entity Formation and Start-Up Packages plans begin at $699 and go up to $4000+. Most clients find themselves in the $699 to $2000 range. Please note that government filing fees are not included in pricing, but we will always tell you in advance what government fees you can expect to pay.
Shoe String Budget Option
For those on a shoestring budget, a Legal Consultation meeting may be enough to get you the information necessary to attempt a DIY Start-Up. During the consultation, you will ask your most pressing legal questions, and we will give you succinct answers that allow you to take action. Obviously, only so much can be accomplished in 1 hour, so these sessions work best for women who have the time, motivation, and energy to DIY. A Legal Consultation costs $225 per hour. Virtual and in-person appointments available.
Contact us today to discuss your entity formation, start-up, or business transition needs. We look forward to hearing from you and learning about your business.