Starting a Small Business
Getting your legal ducks in a row can save you time and money down the road.
Starting a Small Business in Colorado
You’ve decided to take a leap into the unknown and start a business. Perhaps you’re at the idea stage- you’ve got your business idea and you’re ready to take your first steps. Maybe you’re already operating, but things have been a bit fast and loose. Now, you’re ready to put legal safeguards in place, and you want to do it right.
You’ve likely done some research on your legal questions, and are realizing that it’s not a good use of your time. Clients bring us onto their team to lessen their workload- getting peace of mind and the answers to best structure their business. Allowing you to move on and focus on what you love most about your business. While also reducing the stress you may feel over solving matters that are outside of your wheelhouse.
Questions we can answer for you.
- What are the most important legal issues to address when starting a business?
- Should I form an LLC or a corporation?
- Do I need a trademark or a trade name?
- Should my partner and I have a business agreement?
- Do I need a services agreement with my clients?
- Do I need agreements for my staff & contractors?
- Do I need website terms and conditions?
- Do I need a business bank account?
- How do I protect my personal assets?
- Should I use a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)?
- What does this contract say and should I sign it?
- I’m overwhelmed and don’t know what to do, can you help?
After your first meeting, you’ll get a roadmap explaining which legal issues to address first and which ones you can table for a later date. This roadmap will be a priority list that allows you to address your legal issues in a systematic and organized way. We’ll agree on which items to tackle first, and on a timeline for deliverables. If you have any discrete legal questions, we’ll also address those. Through the process you’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions, and we’ll be learning about your business and long-term goals along the way. We offer flat fees and price ceilings so you are in control of your legal expenses.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your business!