Small Business Legal Counseling
Businesses come in all shapes and sizes. One shoe certainly does not fit all and neither does general legal counsel.
Small Business Legal Issues
You have questions about the law, and the next steps you should take. Perhaps you have a specific legal question, like what kind of entity to form. Maybe you’re aware that there are legal issues you should deal with but you’re not sure where to begin. Or you need an attorney to provide practical advice on an ongoing basis. Like most small business owners, you’re worried about the cost of an attorney.
Issues when you’re just starting out:
- Which legal issues should you address at the start of your business, which ones to expect in the future, and which ones can you table for a much later date?
- Entity selection guidance. Should you be an LLC, Corporation, Sole-Proprietor? Picking the right one can save you money in taxes and keep your personal assets off the chopping block if you are sued or declare bankruptcy.
- Essential Contracts. All businesses have agreements that govern their business relationships. If all of your agreements are verbal, or have not been reviewed by your attorney, you’re likely exposed to avoidable risks. For instance, is your logo actually yours? Or does you graphic designer own it? Did you license out your brand without meaning to? If your contractor doesn’t do a good job, are you still obligated to pay? Do you need to formalize partnerships?
- Foundational legal protections to protect your personal assets from business liabilities. Protecting your personal assets from your business risks is step one in getting the peace of mind you need to take risks necessary to grow your business.
Lenz Law provides legal counsel to women in small business eager to get the legal advice they need to protect their business and move forward. And, because we’re dedicated to working with women in small business, the cost of our legal services is small business friendly. That means, whenever possible we offer flat fees or price ceilings so there are no surprises and you can budget accordingly.
Through preliminary and follow-up communications, we’ll work with you to determine exactly what kind of legal help you need, and then construct a plan that gets you the right protections and peace of mind.
Small Business Legal Counseling Services.
Descrete Legal Projects
You need an assessment of your legal needs and to put in place the essential legal protections. For instance, you’re hiring a team, building an online store, or launching a new product or service. Whatever the project, we’ll ensure that you are running your business legally and avoiding risks that could sink your business.
On Call Legal Counsel
You’re business is growing and you have legal questions on a regular basis.
- Contracts with vendors that need reviewing and negotiating.
- Questions about hiring.
- Can I hire this worker as an independent contractor?
- How do I protect my business secrets and my brand?
We know that you have a million & one things to do for your small business, and we are here to provide the support you need to keep going.
Contact us today to discuss your legal needs. Lenz Law offers a la carte business counseling sessions, monthly packages, and customized long-term packages. The majority of clients elect flat fees or price ceilings in order to keep their legal costs predictable and in their control.